Sunday, December 21, 2008

Thank You Everyone!

I am so touched by the outpouring of support from everyone. It will take me some time to thank each of you personally, but until then please know that your words, prayers, presence, and love are deeply felt and profoundly appreciated. There were so many of you that I did not get to really talk to, or just spoke with you briefly, and I look forward to connecting with you soon.

I was dreading tonight. It was the first night I have been alone in the house, as the kids are with Laura's parents (Nana and Peepaw!). But, it has been a peaceful evening of wrapping Christmas presents and just relaxing. I really miss Laura and I find myself constantly reminded of her and times we spent together. But, I think the past several days of honoring and remembering Laura and bearing witness to the incredible number of people she affected has helped me a great deal.

The kids are just doing great. Today, we slept in, then piled into bed and watched cartoons and movies for awhile... and wrestled. They miss their Mommy, but they really are happy. I just love being with them.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas week!
- Michael

My contact information is as follows:
12475 Slater Ln., Overland Park, KS, 66213
913-314-3825
msplunk@gmail.com

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael, Morgan and Jack,
Have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year! I continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Diedre Morris

Fashionista said...

Keeping you all in my thoughts. I hope you find peace and enjoyment in the holidays. hugs, jennifer

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Michael, Morgan and Jack!
Thanks for the update Michael!
Thinking of all of you,
~Pepper :)

CaraSue said...

Michael,

Thank you for the update and it was so nice to meet you at the visitation. Everything was beautiful and peaceful.

I am wishing you, the kids and your entire family a wonderful Christmas and a blessed new year.

CaraSue

Anonymous said...

I hope you and Morgan and Jack have can find peace in the holidays and time to come. These will be the hard times the times you need each other most and I wish you all the best. I came to the funeral and it was a very nice service. Merry Christmas and a blessed new year! If you need anything please let me know. Illusionscougar1980@yahoo.com. Thanks for the updates!

Lindsy Schoenberger

Livin'Life said...

Michael, Morgan & Jack,

Thank you for the update. I will continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and peace and happiness in the new year to come.

- Becky (Lea) Slack

Anonymous said...

Just thinking about you all.
Saw this online and thought I'd share. http://www.excelsiorspringsstandard.com/sports.html
Teri said it best--definitely one of the strongest people I know as well. :)
Rest in Peace Laura and God Bless!