Thursday, December 4, 2008

Trial update

Hi Friends, Just wanted to shoot you a quick update regarding the trial and the last couple of weeks. I have not written much on the blog because there has not been much time. I mean, I have not felt strong enough to write. It looks like this whole process is going to start over for me. As I have been winding down with my pain meds and my antibiotics. These were probably the strongest meds I have taken. Even though I am off the meds as of yesterday,some even longer, I am still weak and will be weak for a while.

The first 90 minutes of my trial drug infusion will start next week. So, I will probably start to feel better, then this drug will barrage a bunch of cancer cells so I will feel bad again. Then I have two weeks of blood work, one week of 30 minute, two weeks of blood work, etc.

I will definitely keep you posted. If you don't hear from me,personally in a couple of weeks, I will have someone from my family update you. My plan is to push through this last week of feeling icky and fatigued. I also plan on writing about my big accomplishments daily...such as today, I have spent this time writing on the blog, which is big I can barely sit up without bawbling.

Ironic how none of my cancer surgeries never caused me much pain (sofar), but the gall bladder is a doozy for everyone. So rest and recover, I will. Hope your day is great!

Blessings,
Lolo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just sending good thoughts your way! Received your PIO mailing yesterday -- thank you!!! Nicole

The Girardeaus said...

Laura,

So glad to see your post. I know this has been rough. I'm glad you had some energy to write- we're all pulling for your renewed vim and vigor in time for a sweet Christmas!

Love,
The Girardeaus