Friday, September 5, 2008

Fatigue.

As I am coming off of the major side effects of chemo, the one side effect that lingers is fatigue. Sometimes the fatigue makes me feel bone-tired, and I truly mean I can feel tired in my bones. I am sure there is a medical reason for this, but I don't really know what it is.

Today, I feel much better...however, every so often, a cloud of fatigue sits over my activities. It threatens to overtake my day, but I just keep moving forward and pull myself through it. On days like yesterday, my legs feel like lead weights and every activity requires a significant amount of energy on my part.

I can tell you that I know this will change. What is happening is that the fatigue is the one characteristic of chemo that build over time. So, even though I am getting this last chemo out of my system, the fatigue will stay around for a while. It will probably be a day-by-day thing. For instance, yesterday was a bad day, but today seems to be better.

It will probably take a couple of months for me to feel normal, but I will just live how my conditions are in the current day. I will let this energy dictate what I should do during the day. I will accept the help of others to keep my house clean and to get my mailing out and to do all the things I need to do. This is because part of my journey is about letting people in, about accepting love from others. So, I do my best to accept the current conditions of my body.

So, for today, I am going to work on writing and preparing for the "pass it on" campaign. I am also going to meet with some people regarding an upcoming speaking event in relation to breast cancer awareness. Life keeps moving and I will move with it.

Blessings,
Lolo

No comments: