Monday, September 8, 2008

Update!

So, I have found two other locations that my trial might be taking place at...so my researching continues. These two locations are here in KC so it would be much easier for me to juggle my life and treatments if one of them works out. I am trying to get in contact with those locations to determine if either of them could take me on the trial. In theory, it is the same trial as in Jeff City, MO so they should be able to take me. It is just that getting in touch with all the right people and getting things coordinated can be a bit chaotic, but I will keep plugging away and keep you all posted. I plan on being on this medicine at one of the facilities! I am determined.

I am still a little sore and I am having some digestion issues. Yesterday, I was down-and-out...so to speak. I barely made it through church, just felt bad the whole time. Then, I came home and slept quite a bit. However, I think I have realized that this stint I have in is pretty small. They plan on going in and changing it to a larger stint in a bit, but for now, I will just have to be kind to my digestive tract. I am going to try to juice veggies once a day to help with this.

Sometimes, I think all of this is such a pain and I do get down. Yet, I have no other choice. I am alive and am able to spend my days with my family. I live a pretty good life for someone who is technically "unhealthy". The road back to good health will be a long, but that doesn't mean I need to feel defeated on this journey. I have decided to that I will do whatever it takes...so if that means I need to juice veggies and avoid certain foods, then I will just have to do it. All in all, I don't really care too much about food. I just want to eat to be healthy.

Today, my sister, my mom and my friend, Jennifer, came over to help clean my house. Because I have had such low energy while winding down on this chemotherapy and having to do the bile duct stint surgery, they have decided to help me keep the house clean. It was just so kind of them. Even though I was still in my jammies, Jennifer let me lay on Morgan's bed and tell her what to toss or to give away or to keep. Then, we moved on to Jack's room. My sister folded laundry before her animal advocacy meeting and my mom cleaned out our playroom and cleaned up the rest of the house after Jen and Heather had to leave.

I am amazed at the love that was shown to me by these three women who I admire, just when you start to get down...three angels come your way and raise your spirits. That is what they did for me. They expect nothing for it, just for me to get well. So, that is what I will do.

Blessings,
Lolo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura, Hope you are feeling better today.

Great news about the trial. Hope you get into it locally. The drive to Jeff is definitely not a fun one if you can all avoid it! :-)

Glad to hear you have such great support. You are truly blessed. And your words are always a great reminder to all of us about how blessed we are. Thanks, as always, for sharing.