Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Jack!


So, my little boy turned four the other day, March 10th. His first birthday was surrounded by such chaos and turmoil because I was newly diagnosed with breast cancer. We were catapulted from the healthy sector of society to the unhealthy...without any choice. But, knowledge is power...and in my case, life-saving!

I am always sentimental around his birthday because it reminds me of how Morgan and Jack really saved my life. Although hormones didn't fuel my cancer, I do believe the hormones brought about during my pregnancies helped my cancer surface on the breast. This helped us diagnose me immiediately and start chemo to stave off new growth in the liver...thus making my condition chronic and manageable.

I have attached a picture of Jack and me around his first birthday. This was just three months after I had found my own cancer and the same time that I began the first of twenty rounds of toxic intravenous chemotherapy. (I would lose my hair just two short weeks later. Yikes!)

He is a beautiful boy, a true reminder of our family's fighting spirit! Michael, Morgan, Jack and I have each other. Our perspective has been altered, but we are all still here today...thriving!

God bless,
Lolo

No comments: