Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Morgan!

Morgan is my touchstone, the emotional force of our family. She lets me know when things are going great...or when things need some work. Although it is against the grain of traditional parenting, I usually listen to her.

Mo started soccer today. It was very sweet. She did a great job, was very focused. I am so proud of her. She is pushing through her fears to achieve her own goals. She has been telling Michael and me that soccer is her sport for about a year..but she has been afraid to commit to it. Finally, we coaxed her into giving it a try. We are both impressed with her ability to overcome her fears and push through them.

I have noticed a change in her since I started cycling. She has really begun to trust herself as an athlete. I hope that this is partly because of my positive influence, but mainly I want it to be because she believes in herself. I want her to feel comfortable with who she is right now. She is embracing the tomboy within her, which is sweet. I can relate! :)

Over the next couple of months I will begin to update the blog with my training for cycling and the Breast Cancer 3-day event in Chicago. Morgan may join me on the MS150 in September. She has expressed a lot of interest in this, but i won't hold her to it unless she is having fun and it will build her confidence. I can envision her there with me. I think she can, too!

Mo is a true blessing!
Lolo

No comments: