Thursday, March 27, 2008

More acid vs. alkaline stuff...and oxygen!

A lot of what I have learned about fighting cancer was obtained from the VERY FREE web site listed at the right.   It is called www.cancer-prevention.net.  They list 11 theories or approaches to fighting and/or preventing cancer that are very natural ways to prevent cancer.  As I have mentioned before, these theories also help to bolster your immune system, help with digestion and make your skin look killer-good!  It all relates...if you get your cells fixed, then you get everything working appropriately.

I also think the book by Kris Carr, called Crazy Sexy Cancer is exceptional.  Beware, she is a vegetarian!  She may challenge your approach to living, as she did mine.  But,  I welcome that!  Although, I do like to partake in a little chicken and salmon, I think there is much to be learned from studying the vegetarian lifestyle.  She had a very rare cancer and was able to put herself into remission by eating whole foods and juicing a lot of her veggies.  I mean, she was STAGE 4, like me...doctors basically told her there was no hope and she found her own hope!  

Vegetarians have a lot of thoughtful principals at heart.  This is not to say that you need to buy a juicer and start juicing.  For those of us who have cancer, some of us have bought juicers and believe in adding juicing veggies to our lives.  However, I will tell you that I take a little of this theory and a little of that theory.  

I know that I have really great meds that help to fight the cancer cells that want to produce tumors in  me, but I take Green Vibrance twice a day, when the regimen says once a day.  I take pH balance, two pills a night, and a test my pH balance once a week to make sure I am still alkaline.  I am neurotic.  I could test it every day.  

I also exercise a lot.  Why do I do that?  Well, part of it is for vanity because I am just like the rest of the world...I look to feel that I look good.  But, 90% percent of it is because I want to oxygenate my body.  Now you don't need to cycle like I do four days a week, but if you spent 20 to 30 minutes a day just walking the dog or walking on the treadmill...you would notice a huge difference in how you feel.  Your body would be happy.  You would be more"regular" and your body would be able to detox a little better!  Your skin would look better.  You might even glow!

The truth is that oxygenation at the cellular level does help with digestion, immunity and the skin.  Everything is linked!  It is sort of simple, however, it is very difficult to adapt everyone in the house to this lifestyle.  I am the only guinea pig in our house at this point, but I have become alkaline over time so I am working on getting Mo and Jack to take these green veggies that I have for them.  My sis has a vegetarian household and she gets her littlest one to drink a green juice that is very good for him!

Like I said there is much to be learned from the vegetarian lifestyle.  Legumes, nuts,  eggs, etc.   if you have trouble digesting beans, don't let that stop you.  Take beano!  Beans are great for you, an excellent source of protein so please consider them.

Three snacks to consider:
1.  Boil 6 eggs and keep them in your fridge.  Use the hard-boiled eggs for munchies.  I read that Heidi Klum does this (she mostly eats the egg whites to avoid the fats from the yoke) and look how hot she is! I try to keep 6 eggs in my fridge, but I love hard-boiled egs.  2. Add nuts to your diet...pistachios, peanuts, almonds. Nuts are alkalanizing!  They have some fat, but you have to eat some fat in your diet.   I put a snack bag in my purse every day.  3.  Consider stocking your desk at work with Snickers protein bars instead of snickers.  I understand that protein bars aren't always the best for you...but they are better than the candy bar!  This is especially true after a workout.  Always try to eat protein within thirty minutes after a workout.  Your body wants protein...if it can't have that, you will start craving sugar as a substitute.

You don't need to be an expert to start changing your diet so GO FOR IT!  Believe in the little things you can do!  Believe in the restorative power of your body and your mind!

God bless,
Lolo

No comments: