Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Quick Update...

It has been a busy week, but a good one. The fatigue from chemo is starting to set in a little more, but I have still managed to start to do some training walks with my sister for the 3-day breast cancer walk in Chicago. I got out on my bike once last week and my stamina was SHOT. It is amazing what three weeks on chemotherapy can do to erase the strength, however, I am not discouraged. I am rarely discouraged. I am just in fighting mode with cancer. It won't always be this way, but for now cancer interrupts my training every once in a while and I just have to accept that.

I plan on riding my bike this weekend. even if for just 10 miles. I know it will be harder than most times, but I have to do it. Riding the bike makes me feel normal. On most days it helps me forget about my cancer and just enjoy the ride. Riding the bike is the closest thing I can find to flying. Maybe I will get more daring later and do skydiving or something, but right now with all that I have going on...riding the bike is a great adventure for me. So, I will keep on getting back on even if I don't feel great...because at some point I will feel great again. That time is just around the corner.

I have five more rounds of this chemo, with my next round being this Friday. The side effects are noticeable, but manageable. No hair loss yet, but I chopped my hair pretty short in anticipation of it. When you start to lose your hair like that, the weight of hair being longer can really cause a lot of pain. I learned this the last time so as soon as it starts to go...Michael and the kids will shave it. Morgan is very excited about this. Jack will be too.

I submitted another story for competition last night. It is a story about my hair loss the first time. I really love the story. If it doesn't win this competition, I will just put it in the book and be okay with that. My mom and I are working on submitting book proposals for me to editors and publishers by the end of the month, but we are trying to take it slow because planning for the breast cancer mailing is coming up! Yikes! So much going on in this house. See, there is only living with cancer in the house. I am not sure how we manage it, but with a lot of love and support...we can get a lot done!

Gotta go to a lunch date with an old girlfriend!

Blessings,
Lolo

No comments: