Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fierce!


I went to Target today and bought a bunch of Pink and Purple things... to celebrate breast cancer in my own way. I try to stick to the hot pinks and purples as those work better for me, but powder pink can be fun, too. Anyway, I asked Morgan to pose with me because she is beautiful and I love her. Plus, I know you all like to see pictures of me every once in a while to know that I am healthy and okay. I am. I am really good. Here is our fierce pose...

We are going to get on a new medicine this week. Not sure which one yet. Genentech is considering my case now for the trial. If that doesn't work, we will just get on another medicine this week and keep plowing forward. Michael and I are exhausted from driving back and forth to Jeff City so much, but we know that both of the medicine options would be good for us. If I don't get in the trial in Jeff City, we will just get in when KU gets the trial. I will keep you all posted and explain the medical options once I know more over the next couple of days.

For now, I am trying to celebrate breast cancer awareness every day. I am working on embracing the sisterhood of survivorship and feeling STRONG about my fight. I am one of many and I should be proud of it and celebrate that. So, I work on that...each and every day. I am wearing pink every day and we are feverishly working on our Pass It On! awareness packets to get them out over the next month. They are coming together so nicely. I am really happy with how professional they look this year. My goal is to demystify the fears of young women so that they will do self-exams monthly. That is all I want people to learn from my story.

I know most women will not have to go through all that I have in order to maintain optimal health. I am HAPPY for that. I don't want you all to have to have a mastectomy, reconstruction, liver surgery, lung surgery and chemo, chemo, chemo! I am not bitter, never have been. It is just not part of my make-up. All I want to do is share a positive message so that if any of you have to face down this disease, you can do it with strength and tenacity. Just like I try to do.

THIS WEEK...I get to model in a fashion show for breast cancer awareness! How cool is that? It will be Thursday night at the Haute Market event. I am really excited and will blog about that experience after it is over. Google Haute Market if you want to know more. I will have Pass It On! packets there and my friend, Tina, is going to be there too. I will post a link to her web site so you can learn more about her and her new wig boutique!

Blessings to each of you on this chilly Fall day! Be fierce!
Lolo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura! You girls are looking great in your pink and purple! Thought the Channel 9 interview was great. I am definitely looking forward to receiving your mailing. I am always happy to share and the reminders are always gratefully received. Will check in later - Nicole