Sunday, October 12, 2008

Why Pink/Haute Market Fashion Show

The fashion show was so fun. I am having trouble uploading the picture tonight, but wanted to go ahead and let you all know how much fun it was. Jennifer Hermon, the owner of Haute Market, was so sweet to me. There were 23 different models in the show and she put me last...as the finale. She also figured out that my song is "Fighter" By Christina Aquilera and played the song while I was on the runway. She wouldn't let Michael see me until I came out on stage. It was really cute to see his face when he saw me...I was all dolled up. Not the typical tomboy look or me.

They put me in a really fun outfit. Most of the models were just regular girls, like me. I was the only breast cancer survivor, though. It was kind of interesting when the girls figured out that I was a survivor. One of them asked me how long I had been cancer- free. I kind of hesitated, but then told her that I wasn't cancer-free. That I was "chronic". It took her off-guard, but I just explained that this is how life is for me.

It is not easy...always being the girl the educate others about breast cancer, yet I guess there are worse things that I could have to do. The event was so wonderful and Jennifer was such a lovely and thoughtful host to me. I truly feel honored to have been a part of the show. My good friend, Tina, was there and we were at the WHY PINK table with Trevor and Amy Goodwin, who are doing a lot of good in the name of breast cancer. Tina is in the process of opening her wig boutique. I will write more about that in the future, but you can check her out at imwiggedout.com. She is someone who can make a girl feel pretty about having to get a wig...she has a gift for things like that so I am really excited to see how her wig boutique evolves into a ministry to help other women. That is all she wants...or I want, really. We don't want women to feel alone or isolated with this disease. It is too scary to have to deal with it anyway...let alone, the emotional isolation that can take place once diagnosed. It is so exciting to see other young survivors and non-survivors doing good to help the cause.

Thank you Haute Market, Why Pink and WiggedOut for letting me have some fun and for providing a venue for Pass It On to reach more women!

Blessings,
Lolo

No comments: