Saturday, August 9, 2008

40 miles down, 20 to go!

My sister and our Pass it on 3-day team have completed the first two days of the walk and are probably resting for the last day of the race, which will be approximately 20 miles. They are so impressive. Heather said the second day was better than the first, but the weather in Chicago is cooperating for them so that is nice. They three wonderful girls who are generous at keeping me posted and telling me about the event.

It is best that I didn't go to the walk because today I was super tired, slept most of the afternoon. Saturdays and Sundays are usually pretty hard on me after chemotherapy. This morning, Morgan and I got up at 6:30 to cheer on our girlfriend in her first triathlon. It was all women, so inspiring. Our friend completed her first triathlon with a smile on her face.

I saw all those girls on their bikes and I started to salivate for my bike. I just wanted to get my bike and go. But, this year is about healing and I have learned the hard way that if I don't let myself fully heal, I may have to sit things out next year and I don't want to do that.

I have big plans for when I get off this chemotherapy in the Fall. I want to train for a triathlon, starting with taking swim classes in the winter. I will spin all winter, too. Spin, means cycling inside. But, for now I must accept my plight...I must rest.

I have to get off the computer so Jack can play webkinz.

More later...
lolo

No comments: