Saturday, August 30, 2008

How cool are my cousins?

So Monday night Barack Obama made a stop in Kansas City to watch his wife deliver a speech at the Democratic National Convention. Michael and I were watching the convention while I was mildly drugged up from the surgery. At the end of the speech, the camera went to Barack who was sitting there in the house of my older cousin, Alicia! She was there with her husband, Jim, and their three girls...Hannah, Lindsay and Grace. I consider Jim my cousin, too, even though we are not blood-related. That is how family works.

It was so cool to see them at the convention on the BIG SCREEN with a Barack Obama sitting in their home...that I have been in several times over. They are the nicest family, the whole crew is so amazing and unique. Their oldest two daughters, Hannah and Lindsay, were in Michael's and my wedding while the youngest, Grace, was in Heather's wedding. They are wonderful kids. We were so happy to have them be a part of our special days. Anyway, if you hit the title to this post, it will take you to the pictures of my cousins. There is a strong family resemblance between all of us, must be the Irish in all of us. Not sure.

Anyway, I do not pretend to take credit for all the hard work they have done for Barack Obama's campaign....or for any of the hard work they have done in life. I just try to pick up little tips from the good that they do. I am also NOT trying to push a political agenda. I will not comment on my own political views. I just think it is really neat to see good things happen to really good people who inspire ME. I am proud of them, though. I will take credit for that.:)

Blessings,
Lolo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are jealous... Kayla Wanted Barack to come to her 4th birthday party. He was kinda busy at the time though. Great story!!!