Sunday, August 17, 2008

Chiefs!


After our fun photo shoot yesterday, Michael and I got to go to the Chief's game with some friends in the evening. We have a friend who works there who was able to get us field access while the Chiefs warmed up. It was so cool. One of our friends who was with us is dating a Chief's Cheerleader and she and her friend took a picture with me (above). They were taking pictures with everyone in the group so I thought...why not me?

The old Laura might have been too intimidated by these pretty girls and would not have approached them. I would have been to shy to speak up or ask to be included in the fun. I know that sounds funny to hear a woman saying this, but we are sometimes intimidated by people of the same sex just as much as the opposite sex...maybe more. Regardless, these girls were very nice and approachable. They were happy to take a photo with me. I am glad I spoke up because it made for a FUN photo.

So, if you ever have a friend or family member wonder what it is like to live with Stage IV cancer, just send them to my blog so they can check out my photo with the super athletic cheerleaders. They will see that fighting cancer is doable. Life is good.

Blessings,
Lolo

No comments: