Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Surgery done and am recovering.

Looks like they were able to go into my liver yesterday and put in a stent to my bile duct. WILD. They had to go in through my mouth so my throat is pretty sore. I am also tired, but that is to be expected. My skin is getting less yellow. The same is true for the whites of my eyes.

The doctor said this blockage caused my elevated liver enzyme counts as well as the elevated bilirubin count. Over time the bilirubin will leave my body, as it should, and I will start to feel a look more normal. Until then, I am just taking it easy. I am thankful that the issue could be resolved and was so fixable.

Blessings,
Lolo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura, glad to hear all went well. So much great news over these last couple weeks!!! Hope you are on the mend and feeling great by the weekend. Nicole

Anonymous said...

yahoo! I'm glad it was"so fixable"- I can hardly wait to you are feeling 100% and ready to ride! It won't be long - eh!
Talk soon, JLL

Anonymous said...

Laura,
So glad to hear the surgery went well! I know you will be on the bike in no time. Morgan looks adorable in her red Chief’s gear.