Monday, August 18, 2008

Big day!

Today was Morgan's first day of second grade. She did so great. Michael and I have a lovely daughter who has an internal clock that is programmed like a college student. What I mean is she barely sleeps, she usually goes to bed late and gets up late. But, last night she said she wanted to get up early and take a shower and she did it gracefully today. We had some great mother-daughter time while I combed the tangles out of her hair and she looked so pretty. I am not feeling very well so Michael took her to school and walked her in. She did a great job and was ready to go. She also asked if she could ride the bus this year instead of me picking her up in the afternoon. So, that is something new for today also. We will see if she likes the bus, but for now I am so proud that she is growing up and feeling more confident!

This afternoon I have my regular two month scans and I am feeling confident that they will show regression in the cancer. It is amazing what a full life I can live while on these meds. Now, don't get me wrong. I can't live a typically full life for me. Like today, I was going to go to the grocery store, but I am not feeling well and I have to fast four hours before my scans so that will make me tired. So, I am going to try to run to one store then rest and read before my scans. Jack will play with his cars at my mom and dads. I will take him there so I won't have to worry about his day being compromised because I am not feeling good.

It is all about balance. I want to keep the balance in my family while getting healthier every day. I think this is happening. My kids seem to be showing signs of maturity and of contentedness. I guess the scans will let us know how my health is, but I also trust in my body that it is on the mend. The response to these meds last time was astounding. I can only assume this will stay the same. We will have confirmation of this sometime over the next couple of days. I will keep you all posted.

Blessings,
Lolo

No comments: