Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Everyone Deserves a LIFETIME!


My big sis just got back from the 3 day walk in Chicago. She got me this shirt. She said their slogan was "Everyone Deserves a Lifetime". I just figured out yesterday that this "everyone" even means ME! :) It just hit me. I need to do a better job of accepting that I am a breast cancer survivor. Even though I deal with my disease well, I have trouble "realizing" that breast cancer is my disease...that I belong among the sisterhood of survivors. Part of my problem is I never liked PINK. But, I can embrace hot pink and I am even working on breast cancer pink. I will get there.

I have decided that I need to do more with survivors and when I am feeling better next year...my sis and I are already brewing plans for a 3 day walk in which I will be able to participate and feel the positive energy. But, for this year, my sister told me all about it. Her team even got a pink shirt for me and had it signed by people on the walk on the last day so I would feel like I was there. One of our teammates' sisters gave me a goodie bag with a beautiful survivor bracelet, which I am wearing right now. I am also going to do the local Race for the CURE. I know that chemotherapy got in the way this year and I accept it, but I hope and pray and envision that next year won't be chemo year...that there will be no need anymore for it.

I am all decked out in 3 day gear today with my skull and crossbones do-rag. We are heading to my mom and dad's and then I am going to Wal-mart. I may scare a few people, but I am a petite person so my do-rag shouldn't be too scary. I just want to be empowered by my sisterhood of survivors...so I will be bold today, just like the Komen 3-day walk says.

Blessings,
Lolo

P.S. My face above is a smirk because I think I look ridiculous in these blog pix, but I want to show you all a picture of me at least once a week so you know I am still survivin' and thrivin'.

No comments: