Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Scan results are good.

We got a call from my oncology nurse and it looks like my scan results are good. Not only is the cancer taking up less of the glucose solution, but they are deeming me "stable" as there has been no new growth. What does this all mean? I am not totally sure because cancer is such a complicated disease. I do know the chemotherapy we have been using is taking away some of the power of the cancer, which affects its ability to regenerate. I do know we have had shrinkage in tumors and I do know that being considered "stable' is a good thing.

Because there are so many viable medical options with breast cancer, we will meet with my oncologist tomorrow to discuss what we will do next. We may decide to stay on the medicine longer or to change to something else. Either way, this is all to be considered a big success in the fight against my disease. I can not tell you what it means to me to have the weapons to fight against a disease that surely would have taken my life without them.

That is why I still want to encourage each of you to take charge of your health...to not let your fear stifle your ability to preserve your life. Throughout this journey, I am scared many times. I truly despise that I have still have breast cancer when others don't have a speck of the disease in them. I do not wish the disease on anyone, but I also don't wish it on me. But, me facing my disease has only led to this being a story about living with and healing from cancer.

Knowing exactly what I have going in my body can drive me crazy, at times, yet it is the only way to win. I do lots of things to preserve my sanity along the way, but still, I can have melt downs. But, the melt downs don't compare to actually being a living, breathing person who can care for my kids. That is priceless, my friends.

I will keep you posted as I know more about medicines.

Blessings to each of you on this wonderful day in which my continued healing is confirmed!
Lolo

3 comments:

S. Lute said...

Wicked awesome! Congrats to you guys on the great news.

Scott

AmyG said...

So happy to hear the wonderful news. By the way...I love how the pics turned out. :)

Goodwin Photography said...

Great news, rest up!