Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Added some links to the right.

I added some links to some interesting web sites that talk about diet and nutrition. One thing I wanted to mention was that "Eating Right 4 Your Blood Type" is a great book that helped me assimilate many theories of nutritional health. There are many theories to you could ascribe to and when I started this journey, it was overwhelming. There are the people who think you should ONLY eat vegetarian, or increase SOY or decrease SOY or take out all artificial sweeteners or reduce all processed foods.

Eating Right 4 Your Blood type helped explain a lot of things for me. It helped me understand why my husband, who is a Type O, prefers eating meat at all meals. While I am a Type A and prefer mostly a vegetarian way of life, yet I can and do eat lean meats. The book helps explain why some "diets" are more successful for some people while they don't work for others at all. It also outlines many other preferences that would work best for every blood type, including supplements, exercise. personality traits.

I found that this book was extremely enlightening and it explained traits about Michael and me perfectly. I used this book to help me understand that regardless how much I would want to push vegetarian living in our household, that it might not be the most reasonable thing to do for Michael or Jack or Mo. It might not be the best thing for their bodies. I am still working to get the kid's blood types, but I will. This book helped me to assimilate all the other theories and work towards balanced living. Meaning, I probably can't cut all meats out of our diet, nor should I...even though many books recommend it.

My two theories that I think can prevent most long-term illnesses are alkalinizing and to oxygenating the body at the cellular level. I take some supplements to help with this when I am not doing a strong chemo. I don't like anything to interfere with my meds while taking them so I cut the supplements out for now. For example, I don't want to do a liver detox program if the meds I am taking are toxic. I want them to do their magic, then I will do a detox and take on my supplements again.

I hope this helps. In the least, I think these web sites can awaken you to some different options..regardless of if you decide to purchase the books or the detox programs. (Just so you know, I don't have any connection with these sites. I have independently reviewed the information and I form my own opinions. I encourage you to do the same!)

Blessings,
Lolo

No comments: