Monday, June 30, 2008

Had a dream...

So, I had a dream the other night that was kind of strange. I have many dreams, lots of them are vivid. Sometimes I have to take one or more of my oral meds at night, which I think contributes to these dreams. My dream the other night included me cutting the tail off of a rattlesnake with a pair of household scissors. The rattlesnake was a friend's and I apologized for doing this afterwards, yet I was compelled to do it. It was as if I had no choice.

Yesterday, I remembered the dream and wondered if it had something to do with my cancer. When I was a child, I didn't understand snakes. The actual rattle on a rattlesnake was so intimidating to me, in thought, that I assumed the rattle was where the snake's power was. It took me a long time to figure out that the venom of a smake like this was injected in its prey through its bite.

I have decided that me cutting the rattle off of the snake in the dream directly correlates to my response to this chemotherapy. Even if the rattle doesn't contain the poison, it does convey the power of the snake. It does ward of predators. It is part of its own defense system. I am just going to assume that I was not only cutting the tail off of the snake, but that we are cutting the legs off of my cancer with these medicines.

We are striking at the perception of its power and will eventually take the toxin out of the actual venom. The snake has no defenses and will soon have no strength. Eventually it will shrink, disappear or become necrotic. Already, we have put some fear in the snake, eventually it will be overwhelmed by us. The predator will become a prisoner and will have no ability to grow. THAT is what will happen to the snake!

Blessings,
Lolo

No comments: