Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thatcher was right!

Michael got a call from our oncology nurse today. It looks like the medicines are working wonders in my body. WOW. So exciting. She said my oncologist is very happy with the results. Overall, oncologist are extremely cautious people....especially when giving medical results. Regardless, it looks like the medicines are not only shrinking the cancer away, but it is cutting the virility of the cancer in half. This last point is hard to explain, but basically my body probably didn't light up as much on the scans so the cancer is less ferocious than before.

The short-term plan of attack is to stay on the medicines we are doing. We will discuss all of the details at my appointment on Friday, but this seems like a prudent thing to do. I would do the medicine until the larger tumor on my liver is actually gone...or it is deemed indolent. This means that it would not be growing or doing anything in my body. I believe any small tumors will go away or time so I don't really worry as much about those. I realize that I may be live with a tumor in my body for the rest of my life. I don't really care as long as the cancer is stable and no growth is taking place. This can happen.

I will explain more through other people's stories later what all of this means. But, for now, just wanted you all to know that Thatcher was right. My medicines are working. We are striking my cancer at the knees. I am grateful, thankful and in wonder of all my meds. I am also thankful for all of you. Your positivity is amazing!

Blessings,
Lolo

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO THATCHER!!!
xo's~
Pepper :)

S. Lute said...

Awesome news! Congrats to you guys!

Scott

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! So happy for you and your family! I think of you often!
Diedre

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!!! Thank God for the amazing medical research that has gotten us where we are today and for to all the new wonderful medicines yet to come :)
Kerri

Anonymous said...

That is terrific news, Laura! Congratulations! Nicole

Rhyno said...

Congratulations Laura, that's excellent news!

It was good to see you when you came down to Warrensburg last week. Momo was a blast to have around.

Keep up the good fight!
Ryan

michelle (stauffacher) andrew said...

Fantastic! As excited as I am for you, I can't imagine what this news means to you and Michael and Morgan and Jack and Heather and family and your mom and dad! I am celebrating with all of you!